If your lost/stolen device happens to be an Android phone please read this article.
We hope you have read our article on “How to find a lost phone?” If not please read the article here. So, you will know the easiest and basic way of tracking your lost Android phone.
When you lose your phone all you care about is the data that you have saved in the phone. If your phone is secured with the lock the chances are probably the data are safe.
All the iOS devices offer a secure security lock, which actually prevents the intruders from getting access to your phone as long as the correct password is not set.
If your phone happens to be iPhone 5s or higher then you must have set fingerprint as the password, most recent phones have advanced security option–face recognition, lower versions offer Numeric, AlphaNumeric, Alpha, AlphaNumeric + Character password options.
When it comes to securing your device we suggest you use all the possible security options available to you.
For your iOS device, tracking is possible as long as your device is connected to the internet and is not turned off.
To successfully locate your lost iOS device your device must have the “Find My Phone” turned on.
How To Track Your Lost iOS?
To track your lost iOS,
You need to have an internet connection.
- Sign in to iCloud from the desktop/MacBook or Launch the Find My Phone app from another iPhone.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the Apple ID and password that you used into your own iPhone.
- If the app is on a device that belongs to another person, you may need to tap Sign Out in the upper-right corner of the app screen in order to sign in with your own Apple ID.
- You should see your phone after the signing process is completed, its’s same process either you log in from the desktop or launch the find my iPhone from another phone.
- When you see your phone, tap the phone and you should see the phone’s latest locations.
- A green dot on the map means the device is online, a grey dot means the phone is offline and the last known location is displayed.
- At the bottom of the page, you should see the options to ring your phone, lock and erase options are displayed as well.
- You can use the options available to send messages to your phone, ring the phone or lock and erase device completely protecting your data on it.
- If you locked the phone and erased the data the phone will be completely useless. Whenever someone tries to open the phone and set it as a new device the phone will show the iCloud Locked status.
For More Information Please visit official support Page.